How to grow Lemon Verbena in Singapore?
– Sun: at least 4 hours
– Water: once a day or twice (depends on the weather, if too hot, then twice)
– Fertiliser: go for fertiliser with N>=4 or you can use chicken manure
– Soil: well-drained, add a thin layer of compost once a month
5 Potential Health Benefits of Lemon Verbena extracted from Healthline: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/lemon-verbena-uses.
(1) Lemon verbena contains several plant compounds, including verbascoside, that may protect your body against cell damage.
(2) Although research is limited, some human studies suggest that lemon verbena supplements might help reduce oxidative stress and inflammatory markers in some people.
(3) Studies in athletes have found that lemon verbena supplements may reduce exercise-induced muscle damage and muscle pain while also promoting recovery.
(4) Lemon verbena may have sleep-enhancing effects. Limited animal research also suggests it could reduce anxiety. Still, research is limited at this time.
(5) According to some research in humans and rodents, lemon verbena may have anti-obesity effects. However, human research is limited, and more studies are needed.