Growing oyster mushrooms using a kit is super easy!
3 Simple Steps:
1. Cut open the box and cut a “X” shape on the spawn bag, try not to cut the wood dust
2. Place the kit in a well-ventilated place without direct sunlight (mushrooms do not need sunlight)
3. Spray water to moist the opening (3 times a day)
– Every kit can be regrown and harvested 1 to 3 time (after first harvest, let it rest for 10 days under room temperature, turn to a new area and start growing again)
– Spawn bag can be reused as compost for potted plants
1. Need sunlight to grow mushrooms?
No need, just put your mushroom pack in a well-ventilated area.
2. Can straight away grow?
Yes, you can start growing immediately.
3. What if I don’t want to grow now?
You need to put the mushroom pack in your fridge vegetable drawer (not the freezer compartment).
4. Are gold oyster mushrooms and pink oyster mushrooms edible? What is the difference?
Yes, they are both edible. Taste is different, for pink oyster mushroom flesh is thin but the bite is meaty, a little like bacon or ham. For gold oyster mushroom, it doesn’t taste like meat, more mushrooms like.
5. Not sure when to harvest?
Typically for gold oyster mushrooms, check on day 5. For pink oyster mushrooms, check on day 6 or 7. Based on our experiences, some might take longer time to grow. You can Whatsapp us at 93215821 or send us a message through our FB page and send in picture to check.
6. What to do after final harvesting?
Compost the spawn bag in your soil.
Need an infographic guide? See below.