Wan Ying of Little Urban Oasis has shared with us her Simple Home Composting which does the wonders! Instead of throwing the vege scraps into dustbin, can we do something to make this world a greener place to live? Instead of throwing away the soil which is bad in quality, can we turn it into gold?
Composting for the future of planet
- Three 30 to 35 cm flower pots
- Vegetable scraps in small pieces (the smaller the better, the faster they decompose)
- Any soil (especially not-so-good soil)
- Put a thin layer (about 1 inch) of soil at the bottom
- Put a thin layer of waste & cover it with soil
- Repeat until the pot is full
Why 3 Pots?
Fill up the1st pot and leave it alone. Continue to fill up the 2nd pot. By the time you fill up the 3rd pot is usually after 3 months so 1st pot is ready to use! Restart the 1st pot.
Need To Know – Duration to Breakdown
- Vegetable scraps – about 2 months
- Onion or garlic peels – about 4 months
- Egg shells or fruit waste with hard skin – 6 months
Interested to start your home farming journey with Wan Ying? Join our waiting list for next workshop intake: http://eepurl.com/hi4sd9.